Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valeintine's Day

Unless you live under a rock, everyone knows that yesterday was valentine's day.  Or as a good friend of mine said, all chocolate half off eve :)  I have come to find over the years that most people hate valentine's day.  Either they are single and don't like the reminder of that fact or they are in a relationship and just don't like the idea of valentine's day.  I really don't mind either way.  I've celebrated single and in a relationship and to me it really is just another day.  Yesterday happened to be a Monday with gorgeous weather.

Even though I didn't have a specific valentine, I have some of the best guy friends ever and they gave me a present!


Brandon came by and gave me a beautiful pink carnation and Kenneth came by and gave me a white rose & chocolate covered strawberry!  It was delicious and the flowers smell amazing.


Then for dinner I went out to eat with my parents to a great restaurant, Noodles!  If you have never been to Noodles, you need to find the closest one to you and go to eat there!  It has noodle based dishes from America, Asia and the Mediterranean that you can choose from as well as some salads and sandwiches.  Everything is made to order and if you don't like what you ordered, they will make you something else free of charge!  My parents treated me to dinner, got me a cute card and gave me $20.  What more could I want?


Then I finished off my Valentine's day by studying for the organic chemistry test I had earlier today.  There's nothing else I would rather do... *insert sarcasm here* On a positive note, I think I did pretty well on the exam!  We shall see.

What did you do for Valentine's day?

Love,
MB

2 comments:

  1. went out with my boyfriend.
    then came back and took pictures with my SWEETmates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, i wish I had great guy friends like you who buy me flowers! They're so pretty :) I'm glad that you have a positive attitude about Valentine's day. I hate when people are so negative about it. I mean, it's a day about love, what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete