Tuesday, February 8, 2011

crazy week

When you ask a college student to describe a crazy week that they are having/about to have usually it involves a test (or even 4) and a ton of homework in between. Here is the crazy thing about my week - I have zero tests this week.  [that's especially crazy because last week & this week are usually the first weeks of tests given by professors] However, this week is going to be crazy for me.

First off, while I have no tests this week, next Monday I have a full rough draft of a paper due, a midterm in personal health and then Tuesday I have my first organic exam of the semester [eeeeeeekkkk] This means that this week is the preperation for next week.  On top of classes and homework I am going to three SI sessions for organic.  SI is supplimental instruction so it's basically like a tutor for my class, but not one on one, it's with people from my class.  I also have to go to my english teacher's office hours on wednesday (my one day to sleep in... oh well) because I have no idea how to start writing my paper.  Funny thing about me and writing.  I am told I am a good writer, but I would rather have my teeth pulled then write a paper. [odd that I have a blog, I know] Once I get started writing I can usually finish out my thoughts well and make a good point, but it's always starting that gets me stuck.  This is why I usually wait until the last minute to write all my papers. For english 101 freshman year I waited forever to start writing my final paper and I had my roommate change my password to facebook 48 hours before my paper was due and I wrote a 11 page paper on Autism and if there was a connection with vaccines and mercury or not and ended up getting an A+ on the paper.  Best grade I had all semester on a paper and I waited until the absolute last minute to do it. 

BACK to the point, I'm kinda freaking out about this paper.  I'm writing about the difference/similarity between justice and mercy based off of a character Isabell's argument with a Lord in Measure for Measure by Shakespeare.  Luckily it only has to be 5-7 pages and only 3 sources outside of Measure for Measure itself, so it's not that long, but again it's how I start it that I get stuck with. 

I'm not too worried about my personal health midterm because let's face it, I've been taking "personal health" since I was in pe in elementary school.  The class is exactly what it sounds like - we talk about stress, different aspects of health, nutrition, weight management, ect.  I AM worried about my organic test so on top of SI three times this week I am also planning on being at that professor's office hours for the full two hours getting help of stuff I do not understand.

Anywho, thanks for reading (if you still are) and letting me vent online to you.  I'm going to be crazy stressed but hopefully I can still work in gym time (it's good to exercise when you're stressed, or so I'm told) and blog time!  I'm actually writing this in the library in between classes so who knows, I may update again later with something more meaningful or profound? We'll see :)

have a great day!
mb

1 comment:

  1. 1) No credit for editing the autism paper?

    2) I will help you get started/organize your paper. Skype me and we can get it done. After all, the state of NC recognizes me as a highly qualifed English teacher.

    ReplyDelete