Friday, February 11, 2011

Thursday night & Mascots

So last night I hung out with my really good friend Patrick.  I ran into him as I was getting out of my last class of the day and he asked if I wanted to get dinner and go to the women's basketball game with him, so I said of course!  Patrick and I have been really good friends since freshman year of high school.  He is one of my best guy friends.  Since we've been in school it has been a little big harder to keep our friendship up since we are in two different majors and living in to different parts of campus, so the way we bond is hanging out at various sporting events around campus.

Me and Pat at a basketball game last year

Me and Pat at a football game

Me and Pat at a baseball game


As you can see, we love sports! haha.  Anyways, first me and Patrick went to dinner and we got there in perfect time to be serenaded by Grains of Time.  Grains of Time is the only all male acapella group on campus.  After dinner we headed over to the historic Reyonalds Coliseum to watch our women play UVA.  What I didn't know, is that there were mascots there from all over North Carolina.  Besides Mr & Mrs Wuf there was Sir Purr from the Carolina Panthers, Stormy from The Huricanes, the bobcat mascot from the Charlotte Bobcats, Muddy the catfish from the Mudcats, the bull from the Durham Bulls, a kangaroo from Kangaroo gas station, a pig from Backyard Bistro (a restaurant near campus)  and a dinosaur (idk what it represented)  Let me tell you, it was hilarious.  They were all over the place while the team was playing.  During half time, they played a game of basketball against each other!


They stole the cheerleader's megaphone and pompoms.




They kept running into each other and knocking each other down


What was one of the best parts of the game?  I got to get a picture with Mr. Wuf!




At the end of the game the score was tied 56-56 so it went into overtime.  It ended up going into four overtimes. The game was the longest game in NC State history and the longest game in the NCAA this season.  Sadly, NC State ended up losing in a buzzer beater 94-92, but the girls played a great game. 

Have a great Friday night!
mb




 

No comments:

Post a Comment