Friday, January 28, 2011

Music - Part 1

So one thing that I absolutely LOVE is music.  I don't care if I'm listening, playing or singing, I love music.  It comes in all sorts of forms and I love all of them - except screaming music. [it makes my voice hurt].  I started taking piano lessons when I was in the first grade, but I was "playing" the piano before that.  I have been singing since forever.  I did children musicals in church growing up as well as musical theater in high school and almost everything in between.  When I was younger some friends of mine and I thought we would start out own band - Point of Grace Jr (to mimic the real band point of grace).  I am always listening to music - the car, pandora, my ipod, it all works.  I've gone over the 40 hours pf listening pandora allows 4 different times and when that happens I just listen to my itunes.  I could spend tons of money buying music because simply love it.  I like to listen to music that other people don't listen to as much.  Music that isn't played on the local "pop" radio.  Some of my current favorite artists are:

  • Adele
  • Florence & the machines
  • The Avett Brothers
  • Mumford & Sons
  • Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
  • Regina Spektor
While I know some of these people are pretty famous and a lot of people listen to them, they aren't as popular as Justin Beiber, Pink, Rhianna, Bruno Mars, ect.  While I listen to their music too, if I had to choose, I would listen to music solely by the people listed above.  I guess my "favorite" type to music is what I call chill - acoustic guitar, piano, mainly singing and not the techno change my voice stuff.  

Today I found out that two of the bands listed above are coming to Charlotte in April to have a concert together - Grace Potter & The Avett brothers.  I want to buy my tickets right now.  I really want to go see them so hopefully that will happen.

Anywho, this is just a random post about my love of music.  I have a second one coming soon about why I think music is so important in our culture and how my religion & love of Christ has helped my love of music.

have a great weekend!
MB

1 comment:

  1. Regina Spektor is my girl. I'll have to listen to some of the other people you listed! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete