Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cupcakes!

So a couple of weeks ago I found this great recipe for gingerbread cupcakes and I asked my mom if we could make them.  Of course, being the bakers that we are, she said yes.  Every year at Christmas time my mom bakes a TON and I help out as much as possible. 

    *side note about me: I LOVE baking shows, cupcakes, cakes, decorating, ect. I would love to decorate cakes or cupcakes for a living.

Last night we got started kinda late making our cupcakes because we had gone out to eat with some family friends of ours & did a gift exchange, so the first ingredient didn't get mixed until 10 or so.  Baking is a great bonding time for my mom and I because we both enjoy it so much and it's fun to do something that is just the two of us.  Even more fun, is when an exciting wonderful great amazing funny friend comes and joins!

My friend Linsey came over so we could exchange gifts!

 This was one of my gifts from her.  It's a teepee - cause she's Indian.  hahaha. And the picture of her is in it so I can put it on my desk next semester to think of her while she's in stinky Costa Rica :(

There were other gifts, but this was the BEST ONE. 




By the time Linsey got to my house, the first batch of cupcakes were in the oven.  We were kinda sad that the recipe only made 12 cupcakes (we weren't sure at the beginning how many it would make)  and even though we had already put up almost all our ingredients, we decided to make another batch with Linsey's help!  The best part of making the cupcakes was decorating them with the delicious frosting we made.  Here are some pictures of our decorating times.












 This cupcake had a sunken hole in the middle, so we put a teddy gram there. His name is Cletus.
 Linsey gave him a santa hat & santa suit
 We them gave him a blanket so he could go to bed & wait for Santa to come!

I had so much fun baking & decorating these cupcakes!  It was great to have bonding time with my mom & great to have bonding time with Linsey.  Since we go to two different schools, we don't get to see each other that often.  She always makes me laugh :)  I can't wait to go to passion with her next week!  






 These pictures kinda sum up our friendship


Remember! only TWO DAYS until christmas!






2 comments:

  1. love this post :) its so cute (of course cause I'm in it, but mostly cause we beast at decorating cupcakes!) haha, i love you so much and can't wait to be at passion with you! bring warm clothes cause I ain't sharing! hahaha. seeee youuuu soooooon, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are so so cute! i miss you both!

    ReplyDelete